The Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act (JOBS Act) is resulting in significant changes to the way in which public and private offerings are conducted, presenting new funding opportunities and strategies for emerging growth companies. Please join Morrison & Foerster and Grant Thornton on Wednesday, July 18, in the New York City office of Morrison & Foerster as they address the many issues raised by the JOBS Act. The panel will discuss how the JOBS Act is being implemented by the SEC, issuers, investment banks and practitioners. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. EDT and the program will run from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. EDT.
Topics will include:
- The background and reach of the JOBS Act
- Conducting emerging growth company IPOs today
- Disclosure considerations for emerging growth companies
- Crowdfunding and smaller public offerings after the JOBS Act
- Accounting considerations under the JOBS Act
- The impact on research analysts and research reports
- Implications for removing restrictions on general solicitation and general advertising in Rule 506 offerings
- Changes to registration thresholds for bank holding companies and other issuers
- David Weild, Head of Capital Markets, Grant Thornton LLP
- David Lynn, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Anna Pinedo, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
CLE credit is pending.
For more information: