Join us for this timely seminar series in New York, Palo Alto, and San Francisco.
The use of social media by public companies and their employees raises many legal issues, such as the application of the federal securities laws to communications made through company websites, blogs, Twitter and Facebook. Those communications implicate laws regulating selective disclosure and prohibited disclosures during public and private securities offerings. In this program we will provide best practices and practical advice on addressing these issues. Topics will include:
- The latest trends in the use of social media for communicating corporate and investor information
- The use of social media in the public and private securities offering process, including crowdfunding
- Social media considerations under Regulations FD and G and proxy solicitation
- Social media guidelines vs. policies
- Antifraud considerations with social media communications