Please join Socially Aware contributors Anna T. Pinedo and Bradley Berman for a complimentary teleconference on regulatory developments that affect social media use on Thursday, June 15, from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EST.
This session will focus on the considerations for issuers, broker-dealers, registered investment advisers, and commodity pools in using social media, whether for corporate communications or in the context of securities offerings.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Reg FD and other liability concerns;
- FINRA guidance on communications and social media;
- Social media for “business” versus “personal” use by employees of financial services firms;
- SEC guidance for investment advisers;
- General solicitation; and
- CFTC and NFA guidance for funds.