Readers in the New York area, please join us for a complimentary, in-person event on Tuesday, May 28.
Recently, regulators provided some additional guidance regarding the use of social media channels to disseminate issuer information. FINRA and the Commission also have been focused on the use of social media by registered broker-dealers, and by investment advisers. During this session, we will review current guidance, best practices, and potential pitfalls, and address the following topics:
- Using your website or social media tools for Reg FD purposes;
- Using the Internet for capital-raising in exempt offerings;
- Liability for hyperlinked and other third-party data on websites;
- FINRA guidance to broker-dealers;
- Guidance for private funds; and
- Guidance for advisers.
- Jay G. Baris
- Anna T. Pinedo
- David M. Lynn
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Registration / Breakfast:
8:00 am – 8:30 am EDT
8:30 am – 10:00 am EDT
Morrison & Foerster LLP
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10104
New York and California CLE credit is pending. Breakfast will be served.
For more information and to register, please email Joe Marano at firstname.lastname@example.org.